Training and Experience
- Founder of Center Counseling, PLLC – est. 2009 to help teens and their families gracefully navigate challenging times.
- 10+ years experience working with teens in therapeutic and educational settings.
- EMDR level one and two – a modality of treatment that helps the brain get unstuck and move beyond past events and old traumas.
- Non-Violent Communication – a modality of looking at and using language to enhance connection and understanding in families, relationships and business.
- Mindfulness practices to help clients enhance their insight and increase their ability to sooth them self.
- Mental Health Center and Primary Care setting experience as a psychotherapist (in other words, I have seen it all).
- Wilderness Therapy experience as both a family, individual and group psychotherapist as well as a field instructor.
- Supervisor/trainer to pre and post-masters counselors-in-training.
- White water canoeing, rock climbing and backpacking educator at private boarding school. Also taught theater and was a dorm parent.
- High School Teacher of Algebra 1, Theater and Musical Theater at private middle and high school.
- Coach for Cross-country and Track teams at private high school.
CLICK HERE to schedule a complementary Parent Strategy Session